Role: Sessional Instructor (Water Sports Instructor)
Contract: Casual Contracts
Location: Various Locations across UK (please scroll down to view)
Salary: Salary is dependent on location (please scroll down to view)
Closing Date: on going
Application: CV & Supporting Statement
Marine Society and Sea Cadets (MSSC) is a leading maritime charity in lifelong learning and personal development and is the governing charity of the Sea Cadet Corps (SCC), a civilian voluntary youth organisation engaging some 15,000 young people over 400 Sea Cadet Units, throughout the UK. The SCC offers a wide range of youth opportunities with the same enduring objective – to give young people the best possible head start in life through nautical adventure and fun.
We are currently recruiting enthusiastic water sports instructors to various seasonal full time, part time and sessional contracts at our boating and training centres around the UK. With a significant investment in equipment and facilities over the last few years, the MSSC has repositioned boating at the centre of the Sea Cadet experience and we aim to support all units in providing each Cadet with a boating qualification and 30 hours boating per year.
You will be experienced at delivering enjoyable, effective and safe learning for young people in the outdoors. You will hold at least one of the following qualifications: RYA Dinghy Instructor/Senior Instructor, RYA Powerboat Instructor, Paddlesport Instructor; UKCC Level 2 Rowing Coach. Experience and knowledge of routine boat maintenance would be useful but not essential.
The post can be demanding and working hours are as determined by the training programme, which will include some evening and weekend working. However the experience of working with our cadets and other young people is rewarding especially if you are interested in and have benefited from youth work.
1. Welsh Harp Boat Station, c/o WHSA, Birchen Grove, London, NW9 8SA
2. Royal Docks Boat Station, London Regatta Centre, Dockside Road, London, E16 2QT
3. Crosby Boat Station, C/O Crosby Lakeside Adventure Centre, Crosby Coastal Park, Waterloo, Merseyside, L22 1RR
4. Thrapston Boat Station, Thrapston, NN14 4LU
5. Whale Island Boat Station, Whale Island, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 8ER
6. Midlands Boat Station, Osler Street, Birmingham, B16 9EU
7. Port Edgar Boat Station, Port Edgar Marina, Shore Road, South Queens Ferry, EH30 9SQ
8. Weymouth Boating Station, Barrack Road, Weymouth, Dorset, DT4 8TZ
£8.72 per hour + £1.05 holiday.
£9.65 per hour + £1.16 holiday
Applicants may also submit an optional Equal Opportunities Form by downloading this below and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. A recruitment pack is also available detailing more information on the role by downloading this.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.Apply now