Role: Boat Station Manager (Midlands)
Location: Sea Cadets, Midlands Boat Station. B16 9EE
Contract: Full time, permanent
Salary: £30,000 Gross per annum
ClosingDate: 30th November 2020
Interviews: w/c 7th December 2020
Application: CV & Supporting Statement (previous applicants need not apply)
Marine Society and Sea Cadets (MSSC) is a leading maritime charity in lifelong learning and personal development and is the governing charity of the Sea Cadet Corps (SCC), a civilian voluntary youth organisation engaging some 15,000 young people over 400 Sea Cadet Units, throughout the UK. The SCC offers a wide range of youth opportunities with the same enduring objective – to give young people the best possible head start in life through nautical adventure and fun.
Weare seeking a Manager who will lead and drive high quality training at our training facility at Sea Cadet Midlands Boat Station, based at Edgbaston Reservoir in Birmingham. Midlands Boat Station is a new facility and has been activated in August 2020 as part of the charities COVID-19 response. This is an exciting opportunity and will see the successful applicant lead and manage the delivery of sailing, windsurfing, powerboating, rowing and Paddlesport while supporting our growing number boating Instructor qualified volunteers.
The Midlands Boat Station is one of six regional boat stations operated by the charity, the successful candidate will work as part of the charities Inshore Boating team.
Hours of work each week will be variable, but will average approximately 44 hours. The post can be demanding and working hours are as determined by the training programme, which will include evening and weekend working.
Key areas will focus on:
- Day to day running and maintenance of the Boat Station;
- management of and delivering boating activity including training to adults and young people;
- Managing the health and safety and safeguarding of all trainees and visitors;
- Co-ordinating the administrative, financial and accounting procedures for MSSC activities at the Boat Station;
- Taking an active part in marketing MSSC facilities and activities and generating new streams of income;
- Liaison and relationship building with key partners (Sea Cadet units, RYA; local sailing clubs and affiliated bodies and authorities)
We are a national charity helping to develop lifelong learning skills for the youths of today. With strong links to the maritime sector and Royal Navy. The charity uses the impact of being on the water to change their lives. Offering great flexible work and benefits
Applications should consist of a CV and supporting statement. Without this, we sadly will be unable to consider your application for this role.
A recruitment pack is also available detailing more information on the role by visiting our website
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check.