Working for us
We are passionate about finding talented people that share our vision and values and who want to make a difference.
We have a wide variety of roles which support our work. We employ approximately 200 employees who are spread across the UK. Employees work in our Head Office in London, but additionally across numerous training centres, boat stations and area offices across the UK as well as our fleet of offshore fleet which operate around the UK shores.
Our culture and values
- Loyalty: One team – goal focused
- Respect: Positive and professional
- Self-discipline: Results driven – planned and structured
- Commitment: Creative thinking – solutions focused
- Honesty & Integrity: Embracing feedback – taking personal ownership
We are driven by what we do and the impact we have. We share a sense of purpose in relation to our vision and believe that together we can, and will continue to have an impact on the lives of young people and seafarers. Everything we do is guided by our core values and these define how we work together to achieve positive outcomes for those we support.
We hold strong our values of respect, commitment, loyalty, self-discipline, honesty and integrity and believe in treating others with dignity and compassion. Embracing our culturally rich and diverse community helps us maximise our impact for our beneficiaries.
What do we look for
We’re looking for people who are approachable, fun and hard working. We want people who strive to be the best they can and are driven by the impact they can have. We want people who lead by example but are aligned to our vision and values.:
Diversity and inclusion
We value equality, diversity and inclusion in helping us to achieve our vision. Our inclusive approach in all that we do, ensures we create a positive working culture and environment, where all can thrive and reach their potential.
How to apply
Thank you for taking an interest in working for us. If you feel you have the skills and experience that we are looking for, please use our application form and include a completed equal opportunities monitoring form. Please return these to the to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an existing MSSC employee please use this form: internal candidate application form.
Unfortunately we are unable to respond to every application, but we would endeavor to get back to you within two weeks of the closing date if you are successful in being shortlisted. We wish you the best of luck!
If you’re interested in volunteering for us, please click here.
- Employee assistance helpline
- Life assurance (4x salary) for those that join the pension
- Pension (employer contribution up to 10%)
- Private medical insurance
- National staff conference: All employees come together once a year to reflect on the past year and celebrate success at our offsite staff conference. This is a great opportunity to listen to employees' views, and for employees to network, share information and socialise.
- Employee development: We are investing in our employees' development and have an annual calendar of learning and development opportunities, designed to support employees to develop into their roles and stretch them to achieve their full potential.